This stuff is too good not to share…
Harrisburg considered one of the best cities for Millenials by The Storage Space.
Harrisburg, PA is ranked 45th in the Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report. Harrisburg was rated a 6.6 out of 10 based on desirability, value, job market, quality of life, and net migration. Harrisburg beat out locations like Atlanta, Richmond and even Orlando.
Harrisburg is ranked as the 3rd Pennsylvania city on 2015’s Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com – beating out Philadelphia, Scranton, Allentown, Lancaster, Erie, Reading and York.
Harrisburg is ranked as the 6th best city in America for young adults to get rich by moneyunder30.com.
Harrisburg, PA is the 5th friendliest small city in America according to the Real Estate Company Movoto. They utilized several measurable criteria to come to their conclusion: violent crime rate, percent of income given to charity, bars per capita, and social media, among others. They define a small city as having a population under 50,000 people, and Movoto noted that despite Harrisburg’s financial woes, it has maintained a reputation for friendliness and quality of life.
Hershey, PA is ranked the 9th best beer city in the U.S. According to Livability.com, “Hershey, PA beer lovers find themselves in the middle of Central Pennsylvania’s growing beer scene. Ten breweries in and around Hershey draw many visitors to what local tourism officials have dubbed ‘Craft Beer Country.’”
Harrisburg is proud to be among the top ten cities for first-time homebuyers according to Realtor.Com. Our budding technology industry coupled with our many live entertainment options helped us clinch the title.
Here is a quick list of some more of our favorite accolades of the past 4 years:
- Top 10 Housing Market for Millennials (Realtor.com)
- Ranked No. 2 among America’s best places to raise a family (Forbes Magazine)
- Harrisburg ranked in top 10 places to be a nurse in U.S. (SmartAssests)
- Harrisburg ranked the 12th Most Livable City (Forbes Magazine)
- 7th Best recession-proof Metro Area in the US (The Daily Beast)
- Ranked 9th in Highest Paying jobs in the United States (AOL Real Estate)
- Hershey ranked #8 on the Best Cities to Raise a Family (NerdWallet)
Wanna work for big city brands? We’ve got those too:
- Ahold – Giant Food Stores
- Capital Blue Cross
- Gannett Flemming
- Hershey Entertainment and Resorts
- Highmark Inc.
- Holy Spirit Health System
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- PinnacleHealth Systems
- Rite Aid
- TE Connectivity
- Volvo Construction Equipment
So not to toot our own horn, but “Toot, toot!”